Databases in the FBI Library
The FBI Library subscribes to several journal and e-books databases . Also listed are several free indexes and databases that support law enforcement related research efforts .
- 5 Major Newspapers This database contains full Text of
The Christian Science Monitor,Los Angeles Times,New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Washington Post from the 1980's till present .
OneFile . The Academic OneFile database
is a multi-subject database that contains citations,
abstracts, and full-text journal articles, as
well as some news articles .Advanced searching capabilities
and an extensive publication list make it a great starting
point for most research projects .
- Air University Library Index to Military Periodicals The Air University Library's Index to Military Periodicals is a subject
index to significant articles, news items, and editorials from English language military and aeronautical periodicals . The Index contains citations dating back to 1988 and is updated
- California Commission on POST Online Catalog The Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training was
established to set minimum selection and training standards for California law enforcement . Books, articles, and Command College projects are searchable through their catalog .Citations to more
than 42,000 articles can be found in the articles database; some from journals dating back to the 1950s .Many full-text papers are available in the Command College Projects database .
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO) CIAO is a comprehensive source for
theory and research in international affairs . It includes working papers from university research institutes, occasional papers series from NGOs, foundation-funded research projects,
proceedings from conferences, books, journals and policy briefs .
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text This resource includes bibliographic records and
full text covering essential areas related to criminal justice and criminology . The increasing globalization of criminology is reflected in Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text coverage of
hundreds of journals from around the world .This resource includes full text for more than 200 magazines and journals, as well full-text books & monographs .
- Criminal Justice Periodical Index (CJPI) This resource is a comprehensive database supporting
research on crime, its causes and impacts, legal and social implications, as well as litigation and crime trends . It covers over 425 journals from 1969 til present .
- Digital National Security Archive The Digital National Security Archive contains
the most comprehensive set of declassified government documents available . The resource now includes 36 collections consisting of over 80,000 meticulously indexed documents, with more than 500,000 total pages .
Each of these collections, compiled by top scholars and experts, exhaustively covers the most critical world events, countries, and U .S . policy decisions from post World War II through the 21st century .
- Directory of Open Access Journals Free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals, covering all subjects and many languages .
- Ebrary The Government Complete collection has over 47,000 electronic books . The collection covers subjects including Criminal Investigation,
Computer Security, Criminal Justice, Fraud, Leadership, Linguistics, National security, Police, Security Measures and Terrorism .
- ERIC ERIC stands for Education Resources Information Center . Sponsored by the U .S . Department of Education, it is the world's premier
database of education literature .It contains nearly 1 .2 million citations dating back to 1966, with access to more than 110,000 articles free of charge .
- ForensicNet Full-text of electronic books that cover crisis management
and negotiation methods, arson and homicide investigation, expert witnessing, forensic pathology and other forensic and law enforcement related subjects .
- Homeland Security Digital Library ( registration required) . HSDL contains over 72700 items offering users a range of materials in
contemporary and historical issues in homeland security and its related fields . The collection includes material from a wide range variety of sources including federal, state and local
governments; international governments and institutions; nonprofit organizations and private entities .
- International Security & Counter Terrorism Reference Center
A database containing full-text journals and periodicals, hundreds of thousands of selected articles, news feeds, reports, summaries, books, FAQs, and proprietary Background Information Summaries
that pertain to terrorism and security . It also contains over 9,000 pertinent images .
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service The National Criminal
Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) is administered by the U .S . Department of Justice . Their abstracts database contains summaries on more than 185,000 criminal justice publications, to
include articles, books, chapters of books, government documents, and videos . Many government documents are available full-text . This database is excellent for in-depth Criminal justice
- Praeger Security International Online Praeger Security Online contains the full-text to over
600 books on terrorism and international security . It also contains primary documents and annotated bibliographies related to terrorism and international security .
- PubMed PubMed comprises more than 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books .
Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites .
- SWETS Search SWETS Search is a tool that manages the electronic versions of the
periodicals the FBI Library subscribes to, making it easier to search the journal collection and print full-text articles .
- Taylor and Francis Online A collection of over 30 journals in the areas of Defense
Studies, Intelligence Studies, Peace Studies, Security Studies, Strategic Studies, and Terrorism Studies .
- Wilson Index to Legal Periodicals and BooksIndex to Legal Periodicals and Books
provides indexing of 850 legal journals, law reviews, yearbooks, institutes, bar association publications, university publications, and government publications . In addition, this database also includes coverage of 1,400 books per year .
- Wilson Omnifile Full Text Omnifile and Legal Full Text is a multi-subject database that
contains citations, abstracts, and full-text articles .It has advanced searching capabilities and indexing of more than 3,500 periodicals .
- WorldCat A global catalog encompassing more than a billion books and other materials held by libraries around the world .
This is to place to go if we don't have the particular item that you are looking for . If another library has your item, we can borrow it from them .